Systems Engineer – SMART-T (AN/TSC-154)
Linchpin Solutions, Inc – Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. Linchpin Solutions, Inc. strives to become an integral part of every organization we support and continuously focuses on its current and future needs. Our success is a result of our unique ability to work cooperatively and our personal, direct involvement with each customer.
The selected individual will serve as a technical Subject Matter Expert in the area of SMART-T and MILSATCOM and as the Technical SME will support system-level SMART-T reviews.
- Perform engineering analysis of field failures and, as needed, provide recommended solutions.
- Coordinate and negotiate design and engineering activities while serving as the program team lead for the execution of all technical reviews.
- Pro-actively assess the need for obsolescence redesign and oversee obsolescence redesign activities performed by the OEM.
- Witness system-level RF and Digital technical testing.
- Provide engineering assessment on future system (hardware and software) upgrades to ensure the highest level of SMART-T operational readiness rates.
- Skilled in Satellite Communications (SATCOM) fundamentals, earth station equipment, and associated terrestrial systems.
- Knowledge of implementing hybrid networks—terrestrial, satellite and fiber.
- Knowledge of IP over SATCOM networks using MDR/XDR, iDirect, Linkway, LinkStar, or equivalent MF-TDMA hubs.
- Knowledge of RF theory, characteristics, advantages, and disadvantages associated with the myriad SATCOM bands (L, C, X, Ku, and Ka).
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of tactical and strategic MILSATCOM terminals.
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of MILSATCOM earth terminal equipment (up/down converters, modems, high power amplifiers).
- Familiarity with the operation of MILSATCOM encryption devices (KG-250, KG-250x, KIV-7HS, KIV-7M, KG-94, KG-175).
- Knowledge of information technology and knowledge and experience with commercial and tactical military satellite technology architectures, standards, system, hardware, and software.
- Familiarity with the seven layers of the OSI Model, IPv6, and skill in adapting emerging platforms and new technologies.
- Knowledge of DoD Communications Security (COMSEC) procedures.
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field required, MS preferred
- Technical understanding and proven expertise working on military satellite communication systems.
- Experience operating and maintaining the SMART-T Terminal or other similar MILSATCOM Systems
- Demonstrated experience to perform the above-identified responsibilities.
- 7+ years experience in system engineering and MILSATCOM support required
- 3+ years experience in SMART-T operation or maintenance required
- Secret Security Clearance
Build your career with us!
Linchpin Solutions is committed to hiring qualified candidates that meet or exceed the technical and management expectations required to succeed. Our growth means exciting career opportunities for talented professionals in IT, engineering, software development, logistics, project management, and other key areas. Our personnel become valuable assets to the organizations they serve and contribute to the overall skill, diversity, and strength of the Linchpin Team.
Linchpin’s success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing the company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Linchpin Solutions, Inc. offers paid vacation, sick time and holidays, a 401K plan with matching, health, dental, vision, and long-term and short-term disability insurance along with flexible spending accounts.