System Administrator Level II
Linchpin Solutions, Inc – Kuwait or Bahrain
We are currently seeking a System Administrator Level II to join our team. Linchpin Solutions, Inc. strives to become an integral part of every organization we support and continuously focuses on its current and future needs. Our success is a result of our unique ability to work cooperatively and our personal, direct involvement with each customer.
This position is located in Kuwait or Bahrain. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and operating a computer system and/or network. System administrators are usually charged with installing, supporting and maintaining servers or other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems.
- Maintain appropriate DoD 8570 certifications
- Design, optimize, and oversee the implementation of short and long-term data networks initiatives
- Provide comprehensive designs to address and complement strategic network systems direction
- Provide advanced troubleshooting, implementation, and configuration of network hardware and software
- Analyze functional problems and determines techniques /requirements feasible for expedited solutions
- Perform network capacity planning and performance analysis to properly sized network services
- Perform systems performance diagnosis and scalability assessment activities
- Compose and maintain network documentation such as topology diagrams, circuit/equipment inventories and configuration reports
- Apply updates or changes to maintain security protection levels
- Apply best practices in compliance with security and DISA guidelines
- Conduct cost analysis and evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
- Provide support for Microsoft System Center, Microsoft Active Directory, and direct experience with Network Appliance Data Storage Filers and Near Store Appliances (and associated software technologies such as SnapMirror, SnapRestore, Virtual File Manager, Snap Manager for Exchange) that support the complete utility of the existing enterprise storage architecture
- Must be proficient in the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows Servers
- Proficient with Windows and services including, but not limited to, Active Directory user/role-based administration, Print Services, Group Policy, Internet Information Services, Microsoft SQL, storage technologies, and third-party services such as backup, monitoring utilities, and virtualization
- Perform integrated information assurance (IA) tasks following Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and Best Business Practices (BBP) in assisting with network accreditation requirements
- Proficient with virtual environments and handling high available clustering technologies
- Perform system upgrades, deploy new third-party services
- Server administration in Microsoft (MS) Windows environments, to include performance monitoring and tuning. Able to make recommendations to improve overall system performance and application efficiency
- Knowledgeable with industry best practices encompassing Windows Server configuration, implementation, and security
- Knowledge with customizing member servers through the use of Role and Feature additions
- Participating in the administration of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP for organizational server assets in production and development environments
- Extensive Exchange 2013 or higher experience, MS Clusters, Failover Configurations
- Monitors Exchange / Active Directory server performance and mail routing
- Installs, configures, maintains and manages all aspects of the organization’s Microsoft Exchange electronic mail system
- Installs, configures, maintains, and manages all aspects of the organization’s Outlook Web Access System
- Must be proficient with the implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting of Department of Defense (DoD) Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) systems, to include but not be limited to, Windows Certificate Services and Axway Validation Authority
- Support information assurance by:
- Performing active directory management functions
- Maintaining and reporting IAVA compliance on all assigned resources
- Bachelor’s degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience in Information Systems Management or a related field.
- Will be Microsoft Certified IT Professional or MCSE
- Will have five (5) years related work experience.
- Will have a minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated experience in technical support for SMS 2003/SCCM 2007 or SCCM 2012 in an Enterprise environment.
- Will have Security+
In lieu of a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Management or related field, the candidate must meet one of the following:
- An associate degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- 11 years of recent specialized experience.
Build your career with us!
Linchpin Solutions is committed to hiring qualified candidates that meet or exceed the technical and management expectations required to succeed. Our growth means exciting career opportunities for talented professionals in IT, engineering, software development, logistics, project management, and other key areas. Our personnel become valuable assets to the organizations they serve and contribute to the overall skill, diversity, and strength of the Linchpin Team.
Linchpin’s success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing the company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Linchpin Solutions, Inc. offers paid vacation, sick time and holidays, a 401K plan with matching, health, dental, vision, and long-term and short-term disability insurance along with flexible spending accounts.