System Administrator Level I
Linchpin Solutions, Inc. – Kuwait
We are currently seeking a System Administrator Level I to join our team. Linchpin Solutions, Inc. strives to become an integral part of every organization we support and continuously focuses on its current and future needs. Our success is a result of our unique ability to work cooperatively and our personal, direct involvement with each customer.
This position is located in Kuwait. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and operating a computer system and/or network. System administrators are usually charged with installing, supporting and maintaining servers or other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems.
- Maintain appropriate DoD 8570 certifications
- Maintain and manage the network server and systems infrastructure
- Manage and troubleshoot Windows Active Directory, GPOs, and DNS
- Manage Microsoft operating systems for Windows Server and Windows Workstation
- Manage and troubleshoot messaging protocols and operations with Microsoft Exchange products
- Manage Symantec backup exec and NetApp SNAP manager utilities
- Provide support in the deployment and configuration of network systems
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and configure network hardware and software
- Deploy vendor updates and security patches
- Perform systems performance diagnoses and scalability assessment activities
- Apply best practices in compliance with security and DISA guidelines
- Compose and maintain network documentation, such as topology diagrams, circuit/equipment inventories and configuration reports
- Proficient in the use of BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) suite and IT Business Management (ITBM) and related tools:
- Asset management and configuration management
- Change management o Knowledge Management
- Assist in the tailoring and implementation of the Joint Enabling Capability Command’s (JECC) Knowledge Management Plan (KMP) template to meet the supported commands’ mission objectives
- Provide functions that support knowledge management, visualization, process mapping, the Joint Operational Planning Process, development, implementation execution of Knowledge Management Plan (KMP)
- Support information assurance by:
- Performing active directory management functions
- Maintaining and reporting IAVA compliance on all assigned resources.
- Must have an active Secret clearance
- Must have a passport
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
- Must have six (6) years related work experience and two (2) years’ experience in a military environment.
- Must have Security+
- Must have Network+
In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, the candidate must have one of the following:
- Associate’s degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- 11 years of recent specialized experience.
Build your career with us!
Linchpin Solutions is committed to hiring qualified candidates that meet or exceed the technical and management expectations required to succeed. Our growth means exciting career opportunities for talented professionals in IT, engineering, software development, logistics, project management, and other key areas. Our personnel become valuable assets to the organizations they serve and contribute to the overall skill, diversity, and strength of the Linchpin Team.
Linchpin’s success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing the company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Linchpin Solutions, Inc. offers paid vacation, sick time and holidays, a 401K plan with matching, health, dental, vision, and long-term and short-term disability insurance along with flexible spending accounts.