SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) Support
Linchpin Solutions, Inc. – Kuwait
We are currently seeking a System Center Configuration Manager to join our team. Linchpin Solutions, Inc. strives to become an integral part of every organization we support and continuously focuses on its current and future needs. Our success is a result of our unique ability to work cooperatively and our personal, direct involvement with each customer.
This position is located in Kuwait. The candidate will provide configuration management to satellite communication solutions. The candidate will be responsible for the configuration, operations, maintenance, troubleshooting, and resolution of customer technical problems over the phone, via email, on-site or using remote connectivity. The candidate will work as part of a team and must display a rigorous work ethic and possess the initiative and independent thinking to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- The candidate will be responsible for the remote control, patch management, software distribution, operating system deployment, network access, and protection.
- Will have superior knowledge and demonstrated technical proficiency in Microsoft SCCM 2007 with experience in managing large enterprise environments and enterprise application packaging.
- Will have Windows 7 migration and deployment experience.
- Will have expertise in properly repackaging both customer-developed and vendor-supplied applications for standard Windows desktop platforms using SCCM 2007.
- Will have expertise with full packaging life cycle including initial packaging problem research and discovery, package development and construction, package testing, third-level production support, and providing full package documentation and build notes.
- Will have expertise testing application and application packages for interoperability on supported platforms per defined company processes and software packaging and configuration management best practices.
- Will have expertise in Visual Basic (VB) and Windows batch scripting languages.
- Will be proficient knowledge in SQL database and queries.
- Will have the ability to follow documented Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Will analyze functional problems and determine techniques/requirements feasible for expedited solutions.
- Will compose and maintain network documentation.
- Will lead systems performance diagnosis and scalability assessment activities.
- Will maintain patch compliance of workstations within 90% of Information Assurance & Vulnerability Assessment (IAVA) vulnerabilities.
- Will maintain client agent compliance within 90% of Active Directory objects.
- Will work on all three information classification enclaves
- Will have an in-depth technical knowledge of Microsoft operating systems Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2008R2.
- Will have experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools.
- Will have a solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, and internet fundamentals and extensive knowledge of Internet Protocol (IP) communications.
- Will be able to troubleshoot all aspects of SCCM effectively and understand the product flow patch management, software distribution and logging in detail.
- Will have technical documentation skills and effectively communicate with leadership on technical issues.
- Will have communication, interpersonal, and mentoring skills.
- Will possess strong organization, time management, and project management skills.
- Will have experience in other Microsoft management technologies, including Active Directory (AD), Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) and/or System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), System Center Essentials and Windows Server Update Service (WSUS) is desired.
- Will have experience with best practices in information technology (IT) standards, principles (e.g. Information Technology Infrastructure Library [ITIL]), and security practices.
- Will have in-depth knowledge of SCCM/SMS/ConfigMgr infrastructure including Client Health, Software Updates Management, Operating System Deployment, and Software Distribution.
- Will have the ability to write complex SQL/ Windows Management Interface (WMI) Query Language (WQL) queries.
- Will have a thorough understanding of Windows server and client platforms.
- Will have experience in Windows, SQL, Visual Basic Script (VBS) / PowerShell Scripting and WMI to automate manual tasks.
- Will have knowledge of WMI is essential.
- Will perform complex problem solving, determination and resolution of application-related and SQL issues.
- Will have a good understanding of Active Directory, Organizational Unit (OU) structure, and Group Policy.
- Will handle other important duties as assigned
- 5+ years related work experience.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in technical support for SMS 2003/SCCM 2007 or SCCM 2012 in an Enterprise environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Management or a related field is preferred.
- Must have Security +
- Must be Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
In lieu of a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Management or related field, the candidate must have one of the following:
- An associate degree plus seven (7) years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- A major certification plus seven (7) years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- 11 years of recent specialized experience.
Build your career with us!
Linchpin Solutions is committed to hiring qualified candidates that meet or exceed the technical and management expectations required to succeed. Our growth means exciting career opportunities for talented professionals in IT, engineering, software development, logistics, project management, and other key areas. Our personnel become valuable assets to the organizations they serve and contribute to the overall skill, diversity, and strength of the Linchpin Team.
Linchpin’s success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing the company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Linchpin Solutions, Inc. offers paid vacation, sick time and holidays, a 401K plan with matching, health, dental, vision, and long-term and short-term disability insurance along with flexible spending accounts.