SATCOM Help Desk Technician
Linchpin Solutions, Inc. – Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
We are currently seeking a SATCOM Help Desk Technician to join our team in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. Linchpin Solutions, Inc. strives to become an integral part of every organization we support and continuously focuses on its current and future needs. Our success is a result of our unique ability to work cooperatively and our personal, direct involvement with each customer.
The best candidate will have all or most of the below qualifications. Training can be provided for select missing skillsets if necessary. Preference will be given to SMART-T Operators or Maintainers and Help Desk experience and/or former military service as a SATCOM operator or maintainer is a plus.
- Must meet DODI 8570 requirements for IAT Level II (e.g. Security+).
- Skilled in Satellite Communications (SATCOM) fundamentals, earth station equipment, and associated terrestrial systems.
- Experienced in the implementation and delivery of DISN services (VoIP, VoSIP, VTC, JWICS, NIPR, SIPR) through SATCOM Gateways.
- Advanced IP/Networking experience including routers and switches, subnets, routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, RIP), VLANs, ACLs, and multicasting.
- Expert knowledge of voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) gateways, call managers, performance-enhancing proxies (PEP), and telephony systems.
- Knowledge of implementing hybrid networks—terrestrial, satellite and fiber.
- Ability to manage IP over SATCOM networks using MDR/XDR, iDirect, Linkway, LinkStar, or equivalent MF-TDMA hubs.
- Knowledge of RF theory, characteristics, advantages, and disadvantages associated with the myriad SATCOM bands (L, C, X, Ku, and Ka).
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of tactical and strategic MILSATCOM terminals.
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of MILSATCOM earth terminal equipment (up/down converters, modems, high power amplifiers).
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of MILSATCOM baseband equipment (EBEM, Promina, MIDAS, Convergence routers, IA Tools.).
- Familiarity with the operation of MILSATCOM encryption devices (KG-250, KG-250x, KIV-7HS, KIV-7M, KG-94, KG-175).
- Knowledge of information technology and knowledge and experience with commercial and tactical military satellite technology architectures, standards, system, hardware, and software.
- Knowledge and experience in provision and service of IP-based satellite and terrestrial data and video for full-time and occasional use networks.
- Familiarity with the seven layers of the OSI Model, IPv6, and skill in adapting emerging platforms and new technologies.
- Knowledge of DoD Communications Security (COMSEC) procedures.
- Familiarity with DoD trouble ticketing systems (GTMS/Remedy), troubleshooting methodologies, and service desk operations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software and advanced Windows Operating System experience.
- Firewall management experience.
- Experience operating and maintaining the SMART-T Terminal or other similar MILSATCOM Systems.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Secret Security Clearance
Build your career with us!
Linchpin Solutions is committed to hiring qualified candidates that meet or exceed the technical and management expectations required to succeed. Our growth means exciting career opportunities for talented professionals in IT, engineering, software development, logistics, project management, and other key areas. Our personnel become valuable assets to the organizations they serve and contribute to the overall skill, diversity, and strength of the Linchpin Team.
Linchpin’s success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing the company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Linchpin Solutions, Inc. offers paid vacation, sick time and holidays, a 401K plan with matching, health, dental, vision, and long-term and short-term disability insurance along with flexible spending accounts.