Linchpin Solutions, Inc. – Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
We are currently seeking a Proposal Manager to join our team in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. Linchpin Solutions, Inc. strives to become an integral part of every organization we support and continuously focuses on its current and future needs. Our success is a result of our unique ability to work cooperatively and our personal, direct involvement with each customer. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and managing the overall proposal development process in response to new business opportunities.
The candidate will be responsible for leading proposals and providing capture and proposal expertise to all Lines of Business, to include Defense and Federal customers. Participation in proposal development team planning and execution, reviewing Requests for Proposal (RFP) requirements, conducting analysis on RFP and assessing strategy for responding to requirements. Plan, strategize, and position the proposal, including developing win themes, best value propositions, discriminators and graphics. Assist line managers and staff in understanding and implementing capture management and proposal development best practices. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring compelling, complete and compliant proposal responses that reflect win strategy elements and align evaluation factors and criteria. Establish short and long-term proposal objectives consistent with organizational strategy.
- Lead and manage the overall proposal development process from Pre-Proposal through Post Proposal Phases.
- Analyze the government solicitation, identify all requirements and criteria for evaluation, and prepare and distribute the detailed proposal schedule, outline and guidelines.
- Interpret technical and management requirements of Federal Government solicitations (e.g., RFPs, RTEPs, RFIs).
- Manage and be accountable for compliance and the timely submission of the proposal by managing and controlling all proposal activities against the proposal schedule and the RFP’s requirements.
- Collaborate with executives, management teams, functional units, BD personnel, stakeholders, partners, and subject matter experts to provide proposal leadership, support, and overall direction.
- Respond rapidly to RFP amendments and implement required changes to proposal.
- Develop and apply proposal management artifacts including but not limited to: proposal schedule, outline, compliance matrix, kick-off, storyboards, mockups, color review in-briefs and de-briefs, and others.
- Ensure win strategy, technical solution, win themes, discriminators, compliance, and clear understanding of the requirements are well-articulated and consistent throughout final proposal documents.
- Manage multiple proposal tasks with sometimes rapid turnaround deadlines.
- Support other Proposal related activities (e.g., content databases) as needed.
- Support internal business development activities as assigned (e.g. Searching and tracking FBO, white papers, case studies, competitive analysis, marketing collateral).
- Define, document, implement, and support continual proposal process improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 10 years’ Federal Government proposal management, support, and/or writing experience to include 3+ years supervisory/management experience.
- Experience leading/managing multiple proposals simultaneously.
- Experience with government proposal development and processes is required.
- Experienced in multiple proposal types: competitive, sole-source, and follow-on
- Experienced in managing individual volumes for a larger proposal team.
- Understanding of, and experience with, the Federal procurement process and regulations (e.g. FAR).
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills, strong English language skills, excellent attention to detail, and good judgment in decision-making.
- Ideal candidate will have relevant experience outside of proposal management (e.g., project management, capture management, account management) that enriches proposal management capabilities.
- Evidence of a successful track record of high quality, high scoring proposals.
- Demonstrated experience in proposal writing covering all typical solicitation sections (e.g., Management, Technical, Staffing, Cost).
- Ability to work to meet deadlines (nights, weekends, and holidays at times).
- Ability to develop and/or assist technical and capture personnel in developing compelling themes, discriminators and messaging.
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently.
- Up-to-date knowledge of marketing, editing, graphic design, and other relevant proposal best practices.
- Ability to manage geographically disparate teams.
- Ability to create original content using interview and research techniques.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint.
Build your career with us!
Linchpin Solutions is committed to hiring qualified candidates that meet or exceed the technical and management expectations required to succeed. Our growth means exciting career opportunities for talented professionals in IT, engineering, software development, logistics, project management, and other key areas. Our personnel become valuable assets to the organizations they serve and contribute to the overall skill, diversity, and strength of the Linchpin Team.
Linchpin’s success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing the company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Linchpin Solutions, Inc. offers paid vacation, sick time and holidays, a 401K plan with matching, health, dental, vision, and long-term and short-term disability insurance along with flexible spending accounts.