Network Administrator Level II
Linchpin Solutions, Inc. – Kuwait
We are currently seeking a Network Administrator Level II to join our team. Linchpin Solutions, Inc. strives to become an integral part of every organization we support and continuously focuses on its current and future needs. Our success is a result of our unique ability to work cooperatively and our personal, direct involvement with each customer.
This position is located in Kuwait. The candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of computer hardware and software that comprises a computer network. This includes but is not limited to deploying, configuring, maintaining and monitoring active data network or converged infrastructure environments and related network equipment.
- Maintain appropriate DoD 8570 certifications
- Maintain current CCNA certification
- Design, optimize, and oversee the implementation of short and long term data networks initiatives
- Analyze, recommend and implement corrections in complex technical applications to enhance performance
- Respond to issue escalation and service interruption and perform root cause analysis
- Perform network capacity planning and performance analysis to properly size network connections
- Perform infrastructure performance diagnosis and scalability assessment activities
- Provide advanced troubleshooting, implementation, and configuration of network hardware and software
- Provide comprehensive designs to address and complement strategic routing and switching direction
- Apply best practices in compliance with security and DISA guidelines
- Utilize network management tools (Solarwinds) to monitor, evaluate, and report health statistics of Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN)
- Conduct cost analysis and evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
- Support enterprise and development of network infrastructure
- Support maintenance, troubleshooting, and security of the network
- Must be proficient with the following: TCP/IP, Cisco switches, routers, VLAN configuration, firewalls, VPN, storage (SANS, RAID, etc.), Network Intrusion Device Systems, etc.
- Must be proficient and have experience with the following: ACLs, IAVA, IA module, STIGS, BGP/EIGRP, Firewalls, etc.
- Will evaluate, test, install and implement new and existing hardware and software across physical media, protocol stacks, switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection devices, and network management components
- Perform Network Management functions, such as network monitoring, network performance measurement, and reporting
- Perform updates to network devices, including Firewalls, NIDS, switches, routers and crypto devices
- Maintain accurate records of program corrections and patch/update level
- Support development and maintenance of all required network policies and procedures
- Support information assurance by:
- Performing network access management functions
- Maintaining and reporting IAVA compliance on all assigned resources
- US Citizenship
- Candidate must possess an active DOD Secret or Top-Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- Shall have Security+ and Network+
- Must have Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Shall have six (6) years related work experience
- Shall have two (2) years’ experience in a military environment.
- Shall have experience with current best practices in IT standards, principles, (ITIL), and security practices.
In lieu of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, the candidate must have one of the following:
- An associate’s degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- 11 years of recent specialized experience is preferred.
Build your career with us!
Linchpin Solutions is committed to hiring qualified candidates that meet or exceed the technical and management expectations required to succeed. Our growth means exciting career opportunities for talented professionals in IT, engineering, software development, logistics, project management, and other key areas. Our personnel become valuable assets to the organizations they serve and contribute to the overall skill, diversity, and strength of the Linchpin Team.
Linchpin’s success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing the company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Linchpin Solutions, Inc. offers paid vacation, sick time and holidays, a 401K plan with matching, health, dental, vision, and long-term and short-term disability insurance along with flexible spending accounts.