Information Assurance Technician
Linchpin Solutions, Inc – Bahrain
We are currently seeking an Information Assurance Technician to join our team. Linchpin Solutions, Inc. strives to become an integral part of every organization we support and continuously focuses on its current and future needs. Our success is a result of our unique ability to work cooperatively and our personal, direct involvement with each customer.
This position is located in Bahrain. The candidate shall manage risks related to the use, processing, storage, and transmission of information or data and the systems and processes used for those purposes. Information assurance includes protection of the integrity, availability, authenticity, non-repudiation, and confidentiality of user data.
- Maintain appropriate DoD 8570 certifications
- Maintain current CCNA certification
- Manage and maintain the WAN/LAN infrastructure
- Provide support in the deployment and configuration of comprehensive routing and switching network designs
- Monitor the network issues and outages in accordance with directives and guidelines escalating them based on severity levels
- Troubleshoot, implement and configure all network hardware and software
- Monitor and maintain network devices and troubleshoot and identify the source of problems
- Analyze functional problems and determine techniques /requirements feasible for expedited solutions
- Apply best practices in compliance with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) guidelines
- Utilize network management tools (Solarwinds) to monitor, evaluate, and report health statistics of WAN/LAN
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and restore technical service and end-user software and hardware problems, including network access to user desktops, laptops, printers, multi-function devices (“All-in-one”), desk phones, and wireless devices (Blackberry, cell phones, and mobile Wi-Fi devices, etc.), issues related to network access, network storage
- Diagnose and troubleshoot Wi-Fi network and devices connected to the Wi-Fi network
- Update, maintain and validate known error database
- Accountability for the administration of work order solutions
- Development, publishing, and maintenance of statistical, management and custom reports
- Support information assurance by:
- Performing network access management functions
- Maintaining and reporting IAVA compliance on all assigned resources
- Supporting enterprise and development network infrastructure
- Supporting maintenance, troubleshooting, and security of the network
- Must be proficient with the following: TCP/IP, Cisco switches, routers, VLAN configuration, firewalls, VPN, storage (SANS, RAID, etc.), Network Intrusion Device Systems, etc.
- Must be proficient and have experience with the following: ACLs, IAVA, IA module, STIGS, BGP, Firewalls, etc.
- Evaluate, test, install and implement new and existing hardware and software across physical media, protocol stacks, switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection devices, and network management components
- Perform updates to network devices, including Firewalls, NIDS, switches, routers and crypto devices
- Maintain accurate records of program corrections and patch/update level
- Support development and maintenance of all required network
- US Citizenship
- Candidate must possess an active DOD Secret or Top-Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- Must be Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Must have six (6) years related work experience.
- Must have two (2) years’ experience in a military environment.
- Must have experience with current best practices in IT standards, principles, (ITIL), and security practices.
- Shall have Security+ and Network+
In lieu of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, the candidate must have one of the following:
- An associate’s degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- 11 years of recent specialized experience is preferred.
Build your career with us!
Linchpin Solutions is committed to hiring qualified candidates that meet or exceed the technical and management expectations required to succeed. Our growth means exciting career opportunities for talented professionals in IT, engineering, software development, logistics, project management, and other key areas. Our personnel become valuable assets to the organizations they serve and contribute to the overall skill, diversity, and strength of the Linchpin Team.
Linchpin’s success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing the company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Linchpin Solutions, Inc. offers paid vacation, sick time and holidays, a 401K plan with matching, health, dental, vision, and long-term and short-term disability insurance along with flexible spending accounts.